[Snort-users] Activating a sniffing nic

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at ...13578...
Mon Nov 6 09:06:32 EST 2006

Thanks to all who have suggested solutions:

I changed my init scripts around a bit so that the eth1 interface is my
communication interface rather than the sniffer, that allows snort to
start normally on eth 0 and I can still talk to it on eth 1

Thanks folks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11