[Snort-users] Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at ...12807...
Fri Nov 3 10:06:44 EST 2006

Martin Roesch wrote:
> Ok everyone, good conversation, let's move on.
>
> For the record, my position on using this list to advertise product
> has always been "don't".  If you look back through the last 5+ years
> archives I don't think that I've used this mailing list to advertise
> Sourcefire's products and services at all and have really only talked
> about the company's technology when it's come up in discussion
> threads on the list.  If I (and Sourcefire) have been able to resist,
> everyone else can too.
>
> So, to recap, let's talk about Snort or other free (OSS) software.
> If you've got something to sell, put it in your sig or buy
> advertising on Sourceforge.  If something you're selling comes up
> *unprompted* in conversation or if people ask about something your
> product specifically does and it adds to the conversation, then feel
> free to chime in.
>
> Sound reasonable?
>
>       -Marty

Sounds reasonable to me.

FWIW I lurk on multiple lists,including this one. I use a commercial
product to assist me with my Snort deployments.
Advertising in lists turn me right off.

The companies that get our business are the ones that simply use
"We have a $PRODUCT that can do that. Contact me off list if you want
more info"

--
Tony Placilla, RHCE, GSEC
anthony_placilla at ...12807...

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64