[Snort-users] Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

Administration administration at ...13693...
Thu Nov 2 21:44:43 EST 2006

Are you seriously claiming innocence here? It would have been wise to
look in the mirror prior to your posting.

RA has been nothing short of honest here. We are completely up front
about our postings to the group. Our subject lines are what the posts
are about, and the numbers of posts just do not justify abuse as you
claim. If it is just a new rule you would like, then you might have
used that angle rather than making accusations, which you are guilty
of as well. After several emails here between us, we wouldn't be
opposed to the complete ban of product context including sales /
marketing text and tag-lines from snort product vendors.

A subject from "Eric Hines" CEO/Chairmen from Applied Watch, to the
group which doesn't appear to be "accidental":
"Applied Watch is now FREE for Non-Commercial Use after overwhelming
Demand!"

The clause you appear to put in your postings are justification?
"***** Turn off the flame throwers, this information was requested by
the
user so am CCing the list as well in case anyone else might be
looking for
commercial Snort support *****"

And replies such as this are justification as well?
"You might also check out the Applied Watch Command Center if you are
looking for
a commercial solution. The Agent, Server, and Console all install on
Redhat as
well as Windows, Unix, and Mac."

Just be honest here, our dozen or so postings to the group over the
past 365 days has somehow tickled your nerves as a competing vendor
and it clearly would have been professional to contact us directly
rather than initiate a classless flamewar as you have done.

And a final newsgroup tidbit of wisdom: "The first liar, never has a
chance."

As you, this is an utter waste of bits and shall end here.