[Snort-users] Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Thu Nov 2 21:15:50 EST 2006

I consider your Halloween Special Savings email and your coupons to be
far different than me posting replies to help people with Snort related
posts that contain my auto-signature, sorry, but you are quite off on
that one.

Also, I admitted that a few Applied Watch sales reps have made a few
posts in the past accidentally doing a REPLY-ALL to a snort-user's post
but I beg to differ that the 99 postings you've referenced are
advertisements.

Again, comparing:

1) Applied Watch accidental CCs to the snort list in response to a
user's post

2) Remote Assessment's posting of holiday special pricing on your
product to this list.

Why don't you try and go back on your math and calculate what % of my
emails are posts to the list in answering Snort questions and help
compared to those accidental CCs and then compare the # of posts Remote
Assessment has made to this list to contribute in helping the Snort
community. As far as I can recall, I've never seen anyone from the
remoteassessment.com domain helping users on this list.

Hmmm, interesting, google pulls up nothing but Aanval announcements for
remoteassessment.com and a search in my inbox shows nothing but Aanval
announcements dating all the way back to February of 2006 for this year
alone. Have you actually done anything to help anyone on this list or
was it your marketing strategy to subscribe here and post Aanval coupons?

I don't want to waste anymore list bandwidth on this. You can address me
offline if you wish.

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President