[Snort-users] Snort as a PIDS!

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Wed Nov 1 12:33:57 EST 2006

Inline is definately where you want to go as far as that is concerned.

Joel

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 08:20:39AM -0800, it looks like Zakai Kinan sent me:
> I am ready to change my snort to a preventive system.  I know that my choices are inline, snortsam, and flexible response.  Am I missing anything?  My research has not turned up anything else.  The question is which one of the choices is the most effective?  I have tried flexible response and it is not effective and I do understand the technical issues.
>

> TIA,
>

> ZK

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj