[Snort-users] data from multiple sessions in one alert/packet

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Thu May 18 15:51:03 EDT 2006

Snort has to eat alot of cycles to input stuff into the DB, while it
is doing that, it's not sniffing as efficiently as it should.

Snort should output to either one of two things A) pcap binary, or B)
Unified binary.  Preferred method recommended from me is always going
to be Unified, have barnyard read that unified file and input stuff
into the db.

A.k.a.  Don't have your IDS inserting into a DB, let your IDS be an
IDS, let barnyard insert into DB.

Joel