[Snort-users] Compiling snort for CheckPoint Firewall-1 support

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Thu May 11 12:31:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 17:19 +0200, carlopmart wrote:
>   i would like to test snort 2.4.4 release with CheckPoint fw-1
> (NGR55
> and NGX) and in-line (snort-inline.sf.net) support. I have used
> snortsam
> last months, but I need a real IPS now thath sends commands to my
> firewalls and blocks traffic. How can I compile snort for fw1
> support???

Uhm... that *IS* what Snortsam does. It sends commands to your firewall
to block traffic.

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:29 -0400, Paul Melson wrote:
> You can't build Snort with FW-1 specific support like you can with
> RealSecure or other commercial products that have OPSEC(tm) support.

Snortsam provides that OPSEC support, but not straight from Snort. It is
interfaced by Snortsam (Snort->Snortsam->FW-1).

Regards,
Frank

against your ports.