[Snort-users] snort loosing connection to Mysql

Raynaud, Francois francois.raynaud at ...13807...
Wed May 10 14:43:45 EDT 2006

All,

I have just upgraded my snort binary to 2.4.4, which is logging to a remote
Mysql Database.
For patching reasons, the Mysql host is being rebooted every week and before
the upgrade the snort binary would re-conenct to the DB without any
problems, once the box was back up and running.
Since I have upgraded the snort binary, it seems that if the DB goes
offline, snort will be unable to re-connect. therefore I need to restart the
binary to get the comms back.
As anybody already experienced this type of issue ? no really practical with
20 sensors to administer...

Francois