[Snort-users] Snort signatures reference

hchlai at ...2792... hchlai at ...2792...
Fri May 5 12:12:00 EDT 2006

First of all, I would like to thank all those who contribute to provide
reference and guidance information on IDS signatures, they are critical
information to every incident analyst. Recently, I have realized that
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=xxx has not been updated.
These reference information, however, are included in the "doc"
directory inside the snortrules snapshot tarball. Is Sourcefire
planning on updating the signature reference page again? I just want to
say that signature reference are great and it provides a great deal of
convenience to analyst if they can continue to be listed in a web page.
  Guess what, I'll be a volunteer to get those information on the web if
needed.

 HinSuk

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com