[Snort-users] Snort's configuration.Thanks!!!

Jason Brvenik jasonb at ...1935...
Fri May 5 06:00:02 EDT 2006

Can you enable the perfmonitor preprocessor and send us the output after
running your tests?

This line should be sufficient assuming your tests last longer than 30 sec

preprocessor perfmonitor: time 30 file /var/log/perfstat pktcnt 10000

Santi Benito wrote:
> Hi! First of all thank you for your preocupation, this is the
> information that you ask for.
> The email is a little bit large, I hope it doesn't bore you.
>
> What version of Snort are you running?
> What version of libpcap are you running?
> Please cut and paste your command line here.
> Please cut and paste your snort.conf here (please remove anything
> identifiable as internal.. eg. passwords, home_net..etc.)
> Please tell us about your network configuration
> Please tell us your hardware configuration.
>
> Thank you Joel and rmkml for your desinterested help
> The next lines are the response to this questions:

They have requested standard information needed to begin to help with
this issue.