[Snort-users] Synflood preprocessor?

Lezgin Bakircioglu lerra82 at ...11827...
Fri May 5 04:19:03 EDT 2006

Hi everybody, I am wondering if there is any simple synflood detector
out there that counts syns and alarm if it goes way up?
I have try d to google this up but cant find anything, just a suggestion
that recoding a preprocessor "should" not be that hard, this was a
couple of years ago so I wonder if somebody have done this and is
willing to share? I want this to prove that its possible, nothing else.
If not, is there any other smart ways to detect them?
I have seen projects like syndetector or rate limiting in iptables but
its not what I am seeking.