[Snort-users] Stopping Snort

info+lucretia.ca info at ...2282...
Wed Mar 29 16:13:07 EST 2006

In windows you have two choices.

If it is run as a service, you simply stop it using any preferred method.

If you run it from a script or a command line then you should 'end process'
from the task manager (taskmgr.exe)

Cheers,

James Friesen, CIO

  _____

From: Kretzer, Jason R (Big Sandy) [mailto:jason.kretzer at ...13486...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:24 PM
To: Rowland, Krisa W ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor;
snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Stopping Snort

Depends on what OS, you are on.  Also, in the case of linux, what set of
scripts are used to start/stop.  Just in case I guess though I will list a
couple of ways that I know of for linux.

For Debian, change to root and change directory to /etc/init.d and issue a
./snort stop
For RedHat/Fedora, change to root and issue a service snort stop

For Windows, there should be an exe somewhere for stopping it, though I have
never used snort on windows.

Hope this helps a little.

-Jason

  _____