[Snort-users] big problem with the snort and mysql denied access

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Fri Jun 30 20:46:14 EDT 2006

Does your root account have the correct password?

I don't recommend that you use your root account to log to your mysql db.  You should setup a seperate user to perform that function.

Joel

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:29:11PM -0700, Tom?s Rodriguez Orta sent me:
> Hello friends.
> I have a big problema with the user, when I execute the shell
> pollux#snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf
> teh begin run, but stop, and show the follwing error
> why ?
> X-Link2State Config:
>     Ports: 25 691
> database: compiled support for ( mysql )
> database: configured to use mysql
> database:          user = root
> database: password is set
> database: database name = snort
> database:          host = localhost
> database:   sensor name = 192.168.0.1
> ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES)
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>

> somebody have any answer for my doubts.
>
> please help me.
> best regards TOMAS

Joel Esler          Senior Security Consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
GPG Key http://demo.sourcefire.com/jesler.pgp.key