[Snort-users] Snort not seeing everything

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Wed Jun 14 11:06:19 EDT 2006

This doesn't look right. Why would you install a Tap, then hang the
Snort sensor off the switch? The purpose of the tap is to tap in to the
network and replace span ports on your switch. The Snort sensor is
supposed to be hanging off the monitoring port of the Tap.

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1095 Pingree Road
Suite 213
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Toll Free: (877) 262-7593 ext:327
Direct: (847) 854-2725 ext:327
Fax: (847) 854-5106
Web: http://www.appliedwatch.com
Email: eric.hines at ...8860...

"Enterprise Open Source Security Management"