[Snort-users] Snort + email alerts

Denis Morejon Lopez denis at ...13847...
Mon Jun 12 16:28:03 EDT 2006

Hello colleagues:

I read the snort faq but I got nothing specific about email some important alerts, such as the ones with levels 1 and 2 in the classification.config file.
I set the output keyword to alert_syslog in the snort.conf so that i could send emails later, and then some files were created in /var/log/snort/  endeed, but the LogWatch does not want to get the information into those files and it only send alerts from the kernel.

Is there another tool to send emails ?
How can I fix LogWatch or snort to send the alerts ?
Remember I would only need the must important alerts by email!

Thank you!