[Snort-users] MySQL errors after 2.4.4 to 2.6.0 upgrade

Jason security at ...5028...
Wed Jun 7 22:04:31 EDT 2006

James Lay wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:13:02 -0400
> Kevin Johnson <kjohnson at ...12400...> wrote:
>

>>On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:37 PM, James Lay wrote:

>>>Got it..manually setting up base's base_conf.php omits creating the
>>>AG tables apparently..YAY.
>>>
>>>James
>>
>>Hi-
>>
>>Glad you fixed you problem, but I am a little confused.  The sig_gid
>>field is not part of the AG tables and the AG tables are not used by
>>Snort?  You are right in saying that just editting the base_conf.php
>>file does not create the database tables for you.  To do that you
>>would need to import the SQL structures in BASE's sql directory.
>>But none of the stuff installed by BASE is used by Snort so they
>>shouldn't have caused you an issue?
>

> Well...this install was running with BASE 1.2.4..and I did the config
> using just the base/setup procedure.  This upgrade, I decided to just
> mod the base_config.php and go.  That's when I got the errors.  I even
> dropped both the snort and snort_archive db, and recreated them from
> scratch with importing both the schema/create_mysql and
> sql/create_tables_mysql.sql, still no soap.  So I guess the config
> procedure using base/setup does something special?
>
> James

What version of snort and the schema are you using?

The updated schema. From the RELEASE.NOTES file

    * Logging of Generator ID to MySQL database. Updated database
      schema to add this field. Requires update to BASE. See
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas for the latest.