[Snort-users] MySQL errors after 2.4.4 to 2.6.0 upgrade

James Lay jlay at ...13475...
Tue Jun 6 18:17:25 EDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:13:02 -0400
Kevin Johnson <kjohnson at ...12400...> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:37 PM, James Lay wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:53:35 -0600
> > James Lay <jlay at ...13475...> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey all.
> >>
> >> Here they are:
> >>
> >> database: mysql_error: Unknown column sig_gid in field
> >> database: mysql_error: Unknown column sig_gid in where
> >>

> >> Did a quick look through the RELEASE.NOTES and README.database, but
> >> didn't see anything on these.  This is running base as well.
> >> Anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks!
> >>
> >> James
> >
> > Got it..manually setting up base's base_conf.php omits creating the
> > AG tables apparently..YAY.
> >
> > James
>
> Hi-
>
> Glad you fixed you problem, but I am a little confused.  The sig_gid
> field is not part of the AG tables and the AG tables are not used by
> Snort?  You are right in saying that just editting the base_conf.php
> file does not create the database tables for you.  To do that you
> would need to import the SQL structures in BASE's sql directory.
> But none of the stuff installed by BASE is used by Snort so they
> shouldn't have caused you an issue?

Well...this install was running with BASE 1.2.4..and I did the config
using just the base/setup procedure.  This upgrade, I decided to just
mod the base_config.php and go.  That's when I got the errors.  I even
dropped both the snort and snort_archive db, and recreated them from
scratch with importing both the schema/create_mysql and
sql/create_tables_mysql.sql, still no soap.  So I guess the config
procedure using base/setup does something special?

James