[Snort-users] MySQL errors after 2.4.4 to 2.6.0 upgrade

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Tue Jun 6 17:13:02 EDT 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:37 PM, James Lay wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:53:35 -0600
> James Lay <jlay at ...13475...> wrote:
>
>> Hey all.
>>
>> Here they are:
>>
>> database: mysql_error: Unknown column sig_gid in field
>> database: mysql_error: Unknown column sig_gid in where
>>

>> Did a quick look through the RELEASE.NOTES and README.database, but
>> didn't see anything on these.  This is running base as well.  Anyone
>> have any thoughts?  Thanks!
>>
>> James
>
> Got it..manually setting up base's base_conf.php omits creating the AG
> tables apparently..YAY.
>
> James

Hi-

Glad you fixed you problem, but I am a little confused.  The sig_gid
field is not part of the AG tables and the AG tables are not used by
Snort?  You are right in saying that just editting the base_conf.php
file does not create the database tables for you.  To do that you
would need to import the SQL structures in BASE's sql directory.  But
none of the stuff installed by BASE is used by Snort so they
shouldn't have caused you an issue?

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net