[Snort-users] consensus on BASE

Martin Vrabel martin.vrabel at ...13843...
Mon Jun 5 09:53:35 EDT 2006

On Jun 01, 2006, at 14:22, John Hally wrote:

> I run both BASE and commercial Aanval.  Aanval is a very good
> console for
> the price($99/sensor) and has much more reporting features and such.
>
> I agree w/the observations of sguil that it can be a pain to install.

I was inspired by John's e-mail to try Aanval and I'm positively
surprised.
Compared to the BASE Aanval has very good reporting features in which
are generaly managers interested in :). I use single sensor free
version of
Aanval, but I see it also very competitive for $99/sensor price
compared to
large scale deployment products like those from IBM e.g. .

Cheers, M.

Martin Vrabel <http://www.scitech.sk>
Unix is not only an OS, it is a way of life.