[Snort-users] Slow custom preprocessor

snort user snort.user at ...11827...
Fri Jun 2 10:36:54 EDT 2006

If the custom preprocessor is slow in processing packets, it eventually
makes the whole snort application that you are running slow.

In that case, the snort should be dropping packets more frequently than
normal.

Did you do any measurements by increasing the traffic from a 'low' to
'high' value and check when the application starts dropping packets.

You can do the same with and without the preprocessor turned on.

cheers