[Snort-users] IDS Load Balancer

barryab63-ia at ...131... barryab63-ia at ...131...
Mon Feb 27 05:10:07 EST 2006

Load balancing IDS's has a lot of gotcha's that you have to look out for.

Sourcefire has an IDS that is rated for GIGE, up to 4 GIG.

I'd definately try to find a solution that didn't include load balancing.  No matter how you do it, you'll end up giving up something.

Barry

----- Original Message ----
From: Angel R <a_ti_92 at ...131...>
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:35:03 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] IDS Load Balancer

Dear All,

     I'm going to start a project to implement an end to end IDS solution in a data center. My problem is that high traffic rate in the data center leads me to use an load balancer to balance the traffic to multiple Snort servers. I'll be thankful if you help me to find a proper [including commercial] solution.

Thanks all

Yahoo! Mail