[Snort-users] IDS Load Balancer

Angel R a_ti_92 at ...131...
Sun Feb 26 23:41:02 EST 2006

Dear Bruce,

    We've several high performance servers in the data center that each of their bandwidth usage reachs about 300mbps. Our DataCenter connection to our users is several Gigbit Ethernet Links and we've no management on users network. So we've two place to setup our TAPs: the first place is near servers with about 300mbps and the other place is our connection to users network with about 400-500mbps each. On both of these places, a single IDS sensor can not handle the traffic so I need a Load Balancer like appliance that can balance the traffic to IDS sensors farm.

   Please note that I want to analyze all of the traffic and no filter can be applied on these traffics.

Thanks

"Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs at ...13183...> wrote:     It would be helpful for you to tell us what you mean by  a high traffic rate.
 Is it possible to have multiple Snort sensors at lower  traffic rate locations in your network and still cover all traffic flows that  you desire to monitor?

 Bruce

---------------------------------
 From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net  [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Angel  R
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:35 AM
To:  snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] IDS Load  Balancer

Dear All,

     I'm going to start a  project to implement an end to end IDS solution in a data center. My problem is  that high traffic rate in the data center leads me to use an load balancer to  balance the traffic to multiple Snort servers. I'll be thankful if you help me  to find a proper [including commercial] solution.

Thanks all

 Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! New  PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.