[Snort-users] IDS Load Balancer

Briggs, Bruce Bruce.Briggs at ...13183...
Sun Feb 26 14:24:08 EST 2006

It would be helpful for you to tell us what you mean by a high traffic
rate.
Is it possible to have multiple Snort sensors at lower traffic rate
locations in your network and still cover all traffic flows that you
desire to monitor?

Bruce

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Angel R
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:35 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] IDS Load Balancer

Dear All,

     I'm going to start a project to implement an end to end IDS
solution in a data center. My problem is that high traffic rate in the
data center leads me to use an load balancer to balance the traffic to
multiple Snort servers. I'll be thankful if you help me to find a proper
[including commercial] solution.

Thanks all

  _____

Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail
.mail.yahoo.com> makes sharing a breeze.