[Snort-users] BASE, Graphs and NetBSD

Rob Ward rob.ward at ...11329...
Thu Feb 23 04:06:15 EST 2006

Hi All, I'm having a challenge with the Graph functionality in BASE and was
wondering if anyone has seen or overcome the same issues with the 'pear
install' commands:

> root(host)php-gd$ pear install Image_Color
> downloading Image_Color-1.0.2.tar ...
> Starting to download Image_Color-1.0.2.tar (-1 bytes)
> .........done: 33,792 bytes
> 'gd' PHP extension is not installed
> Image_Color: Dependencies failed

php-gd is installed and I've re-installed twice to verify the problem, I
found a thread on one of the BASE forums that suggested I 'add the base
path of the Pear library path to include_path' in php.ini but this makes no
difference.

Has anyone seen this and if so is there a workaround?

Thanks

Rob Ward
Network Northwest Support
University of Liverpool