[Snort-users] Barnyard trouble acid_db

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Wed Feb 22 15:41:02 EST 2006

Did you try building barnyard from ports?  That should work fine.  (I'm the
port maintaner.)  I'm not sure why the package failed.  the acid_alert_db
plugin is compiled in by default.  Where did you download the package from?

If you want to build from source, you'll have to edit configure.in to get
barnyard to compile correctly on FreeBSD.

Look at the patch file in /usr/ports/security/barnyard/files/.

--On Wednesday, February 22, 2006 18:24:47 -0500 "Jacob, Raymond A Jr"
<raymond.jacob at ...7622...> wrote:

> O/S FreeBSD 6.0
> snort: 2.4.3 Build 26 Freebsd.
> Barnyard: 0.2.0
>
> snort seems to work.
> I am generating snort.log.* and snort.alert.* files.
> I downloaded barnyard-0.2.0 the freebsd package, installed it,  and
> when I ran barnyard got the error acid_alert_db plugin not found.
> So the acid output plugin was not built with barnyard in the package.
> I download barnyard-0.2.0 from www.snort.org and try to compile
> barnyard on my own.
> sh configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql
> make
> make install
>
> when I try to start  barnyard now I get the error
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14" not found
> required by " barnyard"
>
> any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Raymond

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer