[Snort-users] Barnyard trouble acid_db

Jacob, Raymond A Jr raymond.jacob at ...7622...
Wed Feb 22 15:27:02 EST 2006

O/S FreeBSD 6.0
snort: 2.4.3 Build 26 Freebsd.
Barnyard: 0.2.0

snort seems to work.
I am generating snort.log.* and snort.alert.* files.
I downloaded barnyard-0.2.0 the freebsd package, installed it,  and
when I ran barnyard got the error acid_alert_db plugin not found.
So the acid output plugin was not built with barnyard in the package.
I download barnyard-0.2.0 from www.snort.org and try to compile
barnyard on my own.
sh configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql
make
make install

when I try to start  barnyard now I get the error
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14" not found required by " barnyard"

any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
Raymond