[Snort-users] Help with oinkmaster

Andreas Östling andreaso at ...236...
Wed Feb 22 10:12:11 EST 2006

Look close and you'll see that it first downloads the 2.3 tarball and
then the 2.2 tarball. You have for some reason specified two URLs in
oinkmaster.conf (or multiple -u <url> arguments), where the second one
points to a non-existent file. Remove the snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz
URL and it should work.

I'd also strongly recommend that you make sure you run the latest
version of Snort and use the 2.4 rules instead, although that has
nothing do to with this issue.

/Andreas