[Snort-users] Help with oinkmaster

CasperLinux CasperLinux at ...5068...
Wed Feb 22 08:19:03 EST 2006

I have tried using oinkmaster (v1.2) to get latest Snort rules but I'm
encountering the error at the end of the post when run from Cron or command
line.  It finds the file and downloads it (or appears to) but then it begins
downloading a file again?

Is this a configuration issue within oinkmaster itself?  I'm presuming that
the latter part is telling me that it is finding the web page but when
sending the request for the file its coming back as not found.

Any ideas?

Don

Downloading file from http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/[oink
code]/snortrules-snapshot-2.3.tar.gz... done.
Archive successfully downloaded, unpacking... done.
Downloading file from
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz...
/usr/sbin/oinkmaster: Error: could not download from
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz. Output from
wget follows:

 --01:59:09--  http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz
            =>
`/var/run/oinkmaster/oinkmaster.aoN4xwiklZ/url.8C2OTpvUym/snortrules.tar.gz'
 Resolving www.snort.org... 199.107.65.177
 Connecting to www.snort.org|199.107.65.177|:80... connected.
 01:59:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.