[Snort-users] snort not logging to mysql database

Kretzer, Jason R (Big Sandy) jason.kretzer at ...13486...
Mon Feb 13 18:13:00 EST 2006

Hey Gang,

First off here are my software versions:
FC4, BASE 1.2.2, PHP 5.0.4, Apache/2.0.54, Snort 2.4.3, MySQL 4.1.16

Having a bit of a problem that I cannot seem to find an answer to yet and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.  I also followed the Snort_and_BASE_on_CentOS_RHEL_or_Fedora.pdf to get this set up.  Everything is working except that snort is not logging to the mysql database.  I uncommented the appropriate line in the snort.conf

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort host=localhost

Everything is running.  The only thing that looks suspicious are the two types of Notices in the Apache error_log

[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  2 in /var/www/html/base/includes/base_auth.inc.php on line 342
[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  archive in /var/www/html/base/base_main.php on line 75

No other errors in any log exist that I can tell.  The standard BASE https://127.0.0.1/base/base_main.php comes up just fine but with no data(as in 0's and 0%'s for everything).  There is an alert file for snort as I nmapped every machine I had to fill it up.

Ideas on other things I should check?

Thanks,

-Jason