[Snort-users] BASE blank index page

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Fri Feb 10 17:41:02 EST 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:16 PM, Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hi-

> I followed the Patrick Harper tutorial to get Snort installed on FC4.
> Everything was ok but when I try to access my BASE (https://
> localhost/base) it redirects me to a blank page https://localhost/
> base/base_main.php

This is not good.<g>  Could you check your httpd's error log and let
me know if anything was written there.  If nothing was, please
increase your PHP error reporting level and try again.  Most of the
time, a blank page is either a misconfiguration or some library isn't
loaded.

> Then I set $sql_trace_mode = 1; and got this:
>
> Unable to open SQL trace file ''

Setting $sql_trace_mode requires you to also set a file name in
$sql_trace_file.  This error message is saying that the file '' (or
empty) is not found because it wasn't set.

> Then I set $debug_mode = 2; and got this

This setting is to debug errors within BASE iself.  For example, if
the sorting order was messed up or something similar.
> PHP Version 5.0.4
>
> I really don't know what to do.

If you can supply answer to the above, I am more then willing to see
if we can fix this for you.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead