[Snort-users] Rate of alert

Patrick S. Harper patrick at ...4250...
Fri Aug 25 10:03:03 EDT 2006

You have to turn you snort.conf and your rules to weed these out.  Setting
it up is the easy part, tuning is the hard part.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Denis
Sacchet
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:32 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Rate of alert

Hello everybody,

I wonder if 60 unique alerts (for about 10000 alerts) is normal for a
snort configuration. Moreover, those alerts seems to not correspond
every time, and I adjust my rules to filter for example vulnerability on
IMAP server type, but my IMAP server is not of this type, IIS attack
onto apache web server, etc ...

Perhaps something is wrong in the configuration used.

Thanks for your point of view and your input about the number of alert
and the type;

Best regards

Denis Sacchet