[Snort-users] Availability of Snort v220.127.116.11 final and v2.6.1 beta
snortreleases at ...950...
Wed Aug 23 18:41:22 EDT 2006
The Snort Team is pleased to announce the availability of Snort
v18.104.22.168. This release includes a number of improvements including the
* Added new changes to allow configurable dropping of decoder alerts in
* Added updates to the Oracle database plugin to handle large data blobs
and graceful disconnection
Snort binaries and tarballs as well as a detailed set of release notes
are available at: http://www.snort.org/dl/
Important: We've changed the PGP key that we use to sign official
releases. You can get the new key at
If you have any feedback, let us know - snort-team at ...1935...
Additionally, the Snort 2.6.1 beta program has opened. Source code is
at http://www.snort.org/got_source/source.html - feel free to grab it.
Any feedback on the 2.6.1 beta should be sent to
snort-beta at ...3990... 2.6.1 will provide new functionality
including the following:
* New pattern matcher with a significantly reduced memory footprint
* Improvements to stream4, including UDP session tracking and
optimizations for the reassembly buffer
* Handling for reassembly of SMB fragmented data in DCE/RPC
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-users