[Snort-users] Availability of Snort v2.6.0.1 final and v2.6.1 beta

Snort Releases snortreleases at ...950...
Wed Aug 23 18:41:22 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,

The Snort Team is pleased to announce the availability of Snort
v2.6.0.1.  This release includes a number of improvements including the
following:

* Added new changes to allow configurable dropping of decoder alerts in
inline mode
* Added updates to the Oracle database plugin to handle large data blobs
and graceful disconnection

Snort binaries and tarballs as well as a detailed set of release notes
are available at: http://www.snort.org/dl/

Important: We've changed the PGP key that we use to sign official
releases.  You can get the new key at
http://www.snort.org/dl/pubkeys/public_key_2601

If you have any feedback, let us know - snort-team at ...1935...

Additionally, the Snort 2.6.1 beta program has opened.  Source code is
at http://www.snort.org/got_source/source.html - feel free to grab it.
Any feedback on the 2.6.1 beta should be sent to
snort-beta at ...3990...  2.6.1 will provide new functionality
including the following:

* New pattern matcher with a significantly reduced memory footprint
* Improvements to stream4, including UDP session tracking and
optimizations for the reassembly buffer
* Handling for reassembly of SMB fragmented data in DCE/RPC

Happy Snorting!

The Snort Release Team
Sourcefire, Inc.