[Snort-users] multiple instances of snort and barnyard

Spencer Anderson sanderson at ...11591...
Wed Aug 23 17:33:49 EDT 2006

Thanks for the help Joel and Paul.  I have it working now.  I have
multiple instances of snort running on separate interfaces in multiple
instances of barnyard running for each one.  The two changes I made was
to have the unified output file in the snort.conf file to point to a
different directory for each output file instead of just specifying a
different file name.

The other change was to specify a specific PID file for each instance of
Barnyard.  That allowed two daemons to run at the same time.

Works great now.

Thanks,
Spencer