[Snort-users] ignore_scanned on sfportscan

Jesús Gálvez jesuxgalvez at ...11031...
Fri Aug 11 07:34:17 EDT 2006

"You cannot use a variable in a preprocessor."

In sfPortScan I use variables and it works fine but ignore_scanned with $EXTERNAL_NET.

And if pass as parameters $EXTERNAL_NET and any variable more, work correctly. I don´t know why.

Joel Esler <joel.esler at ...1935...> escribió: You cannot use a variable in a preprocessor.

What I would do in this case is to copy and paste the settings you
have for $HOME_NET and put that in watch_ip.  Then tune from there.

Joel

On Aug 11, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Jesús Gálvez wrote:

> Hi. I have a lot of falses positivos triggered by the preprocessor
> sfportscan. All have as destined IP external hosts. So I add the
> next parameter
>
> ignore_scanned { $EXTERNAL_NET }
>
> but log says that EXTERNAL_NET cannot be used in ignore_scanned.
> But it´s indeed what I want!
>
> the complete configuration:
>

> preprocessor sfportscan: proto  { all } \
>                          memcap { 10000000 } \
>                          sense_level { low } \
>                          ignore_scanners { $HOME_NET } \
>                          ignore_scanned { $EXTERNAL_NET }  <----
> this give the error
>
> Thanks.

> http://es.voice.yahoo.com
> ---
> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642______________________________

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
        Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
            aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com