[Snort-users] Action while receive alerts

Than Yu Jin Than.YuJin at ...13891...
Thu Aug 10 22:18:00 EDT 2006

Hi all,

May I know what is you all action while receiving alerts from your snort
server?

Did you patch accordingly to the servers being intruder?

Let's have a scenario as below,

Example: While someone is trying to intrude to my server application
vulnerability which I already patched with latest patch.

1) Will I still receive snort alert?

Thank You.....

Regards,

Eugene

IT Security, OPUS/IT

03 - 27306653 (ext: 653)

Data Classification: 2
[ 0-Public  1-Internal  2-Confidential (authorization required)
3-Strictly Confidential ]

This message is intended solely for the addressee. It is confidential
and may be legally privileged. Access to this message by anyone is
unauthorized. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken
by you in reliance on it, except for the purpose of the delivery to the
addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this mail has been sent to by
mistake.

This e-mail and any attachments therewith are intended only for the use of the address. This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying or  disclosure of information contained in this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender via return e-mail and delete this e-mail and attachments thereafter. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake. Any liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.