[Snort-users] rebuilding my Snort Box

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at ...13578...
Thu Aug 10 14:58:14 EDT 2006

My attempt at rebuilding my snort box has failed -- it was a problem of
the way the box was originally configured, not SNORT, however, I am now
faced with the process of rebuilding it again, and I want to do it the
best way possible.  I am using gentoo linux I have the setup guide
available.

It will take me a day or so to get the OS running in that time, I would
love to hear from the members of this list as to the best way to
configure / deploy snort.  This box is the only snort unit/sensor on the
network, and is located just inside the firewall.  I need to be able to
have it give me a good read of whats going on - with a minimum of work
necessary

TIM

Thank you very much

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11