[Snort-users] Restarting a Snort box

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at ...13578...
Wed Aug 9 11:22:29 EDT 2006

Hi folks:

I admit I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I have neglected my snort
box for several months, and it has been running along quite nicely but I
haven't looked at it or BASE in probably 5 months - yes, I know -
irresponsiable etc - the root cause is OVERLOAD of work - but that's
another story.  What I need is some help getting it back to useability
and then finding out how to make it useable in such a way that I can
glean the info I need from it quickly and be able to use it when its
actually useful.

The box is located on the perimeter of our network just inside the
firewall.  The database is running internal to the system, and I am
Running BASE.  I will be upgrading snort and base to the latest versions
shortly and those type things. Im on Gentoo Linux.  I need help from
there

Thanks

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy

A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 29:11