[Snort-users] Need help with PC config

Mike Montgomery mmontgomery at ...13755...
Fri Aug 4 21:43:44 EDT 2006

Ok, i had tried reloading before I got this email..  So now I have a new
probelm,

insmod ip_queue
insmod: can't read 'ip_queue': No such file or directory

What do I need to fix this?  I have make install-devel for
itpables-1.3.5src and it still dont work.  ???

Thanks again
Mike

On 8/4/06, Thrynn <thrynn404 at ...11827...> wrote:

> On 8/3/06, Mike Montgomery <mmontgomery at ...13755...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, attempting to setup a snort-inline box.  What I want to do is be
> > able to filter traffic with the box just having traffic pass thru 2 nics on
> > a bridge.  But when I setup the nic's in bridge mode, and do the
> >
> > iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE
> >

> The INPUT chain is for packets going TO the box. For your bridge, packets
> are going through the box. Put your QUEUE rule on the FORWARD chain.
>

> then run snort, it dont catch anything.  I have tried enabling the porn
> rules, and search for items in the content and it throws up no alerts, nor
> drop anything (depending on rules used).  Can I not have the nics in
> bridge?  How would i pass traffic thru the box seamlessly without being
> bridged?
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Montgomery