[Snort-users] Need help with PC config

Mike Montgomery mmontgomery at ...13755...
Thu Aug 3 18:40:00 EDT 2006

Hi, attempting to setup a snort-inline box.  What I want to do is be able to
filter traffic with the box just having traffic pass thru 2 nics on a
bridge.  But when I setup the nic's in bridge mode, and do the

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE

then run snort, it dont catch anything.  I have tried enabling the porn
rules, and search for items in the content and it throws up no alerts, nor
drop anything (depending on rules used).  Can I not have the nics in
bridge?  How would i pass traffic thru the box seamlessly without being
bridged?

Mike
--
Mike Montgomery