[Snort-users] Snort Beer Question

The Frumious Robber of Zork robber at ...13536...
Mon Sep 26 00:35:06 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 03:52:42AM -0700, Theodore Stout wrote:

> Okay, while installing MySQl I am getting the
> following error message;
>
> "can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '
> /tmp/mysql.sock' "

Check with Fedora lists as to whether or not you are using
problem-free mysql rpm's. There was a nasty bug floating around some
distros' mysql packages in August, and it produced just what you're
seeing. With this bug the file 'mysql.sock' is not getting created
when mysqld attempts -- and fails -- to start.

Iac, this is not a snort question, yes?

Best,

--
Beware The Frumious Robber of Frotz

          And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
          Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?