[Snort-users] Duplicate SIDs recently?

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at ...6282...
Sun Sep 25 20:18:16 EDT 2005

My last oinkmaster cycle (and retries since) have flagged duplicates with sourcefire sids:

WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2380
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2379
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2378
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2507
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2350
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3157
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2351
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3156
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2404
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2352
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3158
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2192
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2251
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3198
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2403
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2508
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3159
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2190
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3197
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=2527

Grepping on SIDs I can't find any duplicates, making me think it's a goof in the downloaded packages.  I'm using snort-2.4 rules plus current bleeding.  Anyone else having this issue?

Jeff