[Snort-users] installing snort

Omar F. Altom oaltom at ...13532...
Fri Sep 23 05:22:09 EDT 2005

Good day gents,

I m a security engineer working in an insurance company. I tried to
install snort as follows:
1.	Network based IDS for 3sensors for 3deferent subnets running on
Fedora core 3.
2.	Host based IDS for 5sensors for 5deferent servers running on Red
Hat 3.
3.	One console to remotely configure and manage the sensors windows
or Linux platform.
4.	A good reporting module to impress my managers.

I tried a lot of books but they don't guide me well. Please if any one
has a straight forward installation guide for the exact requirements.
Any help provided would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Eng. Omar Altom
Computer Security Engineer
Genereal Organization of Social Insurance
Information Security Department
Email: oaltom at ...13532...
Tel:     0096614777735 ex 2033
True enterprise security comes through diligence,
                     not from a box