[Snort-Users] Snort 2.4.1 Available

Murali Raju protocoljunkie at ...11827...
Mon Sep 19 05:21:04 EDT 2005

I completely agree. We need to thank Marty and the Sourcefire folks for
still providing and improving Snort for FREE! They didn't close CVS as many
Open Source -> Commercial ventures have done in the past. So, I am
personally thankful to have access to one of the most powerful tools on the
planet.
 I am looking forward to Richard's second book!
 Regards,
 _Raju
 /me shudders - Windows used in a security appliance.

 On 9/18/05, Will Metcalf <william.metcalf at ...11827...> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I completely agree with everything you have said in this thread. Let
> me take this opportunity to congratulate you on the success of
> taosecurity.com <http://taosecurity.com>. I read the taosecuirty blog
> along with my morning
> coffee everyday.
>
> I don't think that we thank Marty and the Sourcefire gang enough for
> all the hard work they put into making snort into the world class
> intrusion detection/prevention system that is today. While there are
> people outside of the Sourcefire office that provide code for snort it
> pales in comparison to the amount of code that is developed in house
> and provided to the community for free.....
>
> Just my $.02
>
> Regards,
>
> Will

May the packets be with you.