[Snort-Users] Snort 2.4.1 Available

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Sun Sep 18 12:59:07 EDT 2005

On 9/18/05, Ted Rohling <ted.rohling at ...12901...> wrote:
> I thought the flame wars of old were long gone.
>
> If the children cannot get along, a trip to the principals office might be
> in order.
>
> I get enough "crap" emails already so lighten up, take your flames off the
> list and grow up!

Ted,

This is a legitimate discussion of Sourcefire's role with respect to
providing compiled builds for Snort users.

Jason's point about Sourcefire not providing any builds for 2.4.1 is a
good one.  It is not Sourcefire's fault that Unix-like systems come
packaged with free compilers and other development tools lacking on
the average Windows system.

This is an indictment more of Windows as a development platform than a
critique of Sourcefire's software development model.

None of us are your "children," and your complaint added nothing to
the overall discussion.

Sincerely,

Richard