[Snort-users] Geez

Ron Jenkins rjenkins at ...12829...
Sat Sep 17 17:58:14 EDT 2005

Well put.

Thanks...

________________________________

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Bill
Parker
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 7:51 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Geez

While I know the timely update of releases for snort is important, it
would seem to me that since snort has it's roots in unix, that build
should be made first, and all other releases done after that.  However,
it appears that everyone wants software now, as opposed to later.  I've
seen too many screwups occur from improperly written software, and as
such, it would make sense to me to make sure bugfixes are done
correctly.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, give the people at SourceFire a
break...  Running 2.4.0 with a workaround isn't going to KILL anyone on
a platform other than unix/linux for a few days...egad...

Bill