[Snort-users] Geez

Bill Parker dogbert at ...11664...
Sat Sep 17 17:51:14 EDT 2005

While I know the timely update of releases for snort is important, it would seem to me that since snort has it's roots in unix, that build should be made first, and all other releases done after that.  However, it appears that everyone wants software now, as opposed to later.  I've seen too many screwups occur from improperly written software, and as such, it would make sense to me to make sure bugfixes are done correctly.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, give the people at SourceFire a break...  Running 2.4.0 with a workaround isn't going to KILL anyone on a platform other than unix/linux for a few days...egad...

Bill