[Snort-users] A question about taps

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Fri Sep 16 08:26:04 EDT 2005

Gary, some Taps exist, such as the "Active Response" taps offered from
Net Optics that allow you to send traffic back out through the
monitoring ports to the network. The Active Response capabilities of
their taps allow you to hang an IDS or IPS off the monitoring port that
allow ICMP unreachable and TCP shuns to be sent through the tap to
src/dst.

Just to name a few:

Active Response Port Aggregator Tap
http://www.netoptics.com/products/product_family_details.asp?cid=4&pid=115&Section=products&menuitem=4&tag=NetOptics

Active Response Dual Port Aggregator Tap
http://www.netoptics.com/products/product_family_details.asp?cid=4&pid=104&Section=products&menuitem=4&tag=NetOptics

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1095 Pingree Road
Suite 213
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Tel: (877) 262-7593 ext:327

Virginia Office (Intelligence/Dept. of Defense)
Cleared Personnel: TS/SCI with Polygraph
4524 Waverly Crossing Lane
Chantilly, Va. 20151
Toll Free: (877) 262-7593
Fax: (877) 262-7593