[Snort-users] New Snort 2.2 Rules

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Wed Sep 14 13:34:31 EDT 2005

Walt,

I would recommend going over to your Snort sensor and making sure none
of the rules you downloaded (bleeding-edge?) etc.. broke Snort. Run a ps
listing and make sure Snort did not fail on restart. To get a verbose
output in the case that it is failing due to something in the snort.conf
or rulesets, run it from the command line in verbose mode: snort
-c /path/to/snort.conf -v

Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President