[Snort-users] Nubie installing latest

Kretzer, Jason R (Big Sandy) jason.kretzer at ...13486...
Tue Sep 13 12:38:00 EDT 2005

Usually, packages such as pcre have two versions:  pcre and pcre-devel.
The devel package contains the libraries that it needs to link against.

Try to find and install the devel package and see if that fixes it.

HTH,

-Jason

________________________________

	From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of James
Beistle
	Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:16 PM
	To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Snort-users] Nubie installing latest

	Pcre-6.4 installed

	snort-2.4.0

	rpmbuild --with inline --with flexresp -ta
/usr/local/src/snort-2.4.0.tar.gz

	calls for pcre-devel to be installed

	can I change 2.40 to look for Pcre-6.4 or do I have to install
the old devel package

	trying to get the correct dependencies in place.

	Jim

<http://www.teamamberalert.net/news>

Team Amber News Source <http://news.teamamberalert.net>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission, and any documents,
files or previous email messages attached to it, may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or
attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received
this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply email,
or by telephone at (806) 669 2980, and destroy the original transmission
and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank
you