[Snort-users] Second Snort instance killing performance

Paul Melson pmelson at ...11827...
Thu Sep 8 07:24:48 EDT 2005

I was thinking that, or something like it, could be the case.  Originally
both sensors were configured to log to MySQL, and I thought that it might be
that they were fighting to lock a table to insert alerts.  So I switched
both to unified logging (separate log files), but the performance problems
persist.

PaulM